Responsible for the safety and delivery of all aquatics programs at Camp. She/he is responsible for delivery of swimming lessons, guarding for recreational swims,. Required to assist with the general camp program. She/he is responsible for the supervision and care of campers during designated/specific activities and facilitating delivery of programs within a unit.
- Participates in the daily implementation of the aquatics program. Works cooperatively with Aquatics Director to enrich all-camp and aquatic programs including swimming, , and rainy-day activities to facilitate general camp operations.
- Assists Aquatics Director to develop, follow and enforce all waterfront safety measures and emergency procedures to ensure all health, safety and program standards are followed at all times in compliance with state regulations, ACA Standards, Girl Scout Safety Activity Checkpoints, and GSOFCT Policies.
- Participates in all staff trainings; including in-service and pre-camp skills trainings.
- Follows Camp Staff Personnel Policies.
- Assists the Aquatics Director in assessing swimming skills of all campers for classification, ensuring that every participant in their assigned camp facility has been through a swim assessment.
- Maintains health and safety standards for campers, staff, and self. Report accidents and files incident reports promptly with the Aquatics Director and/or their designee.
- Responsible for the care and use of camp aquatics equipment as assigned.
- Participates in all emergency drills including, but not limited to, aquatics emergencies.
- Participates in all-camp activities as assigned. She/he is responsible for the supervision and care of campers during designated/specific activities and facilitating delivery of programs within pool area.
- Participates in opening and closing procedures of the camp season.
- Maintains professional camper/staff relationships at all times.
- Monitors water quality as appropriate to the facility. Keep records, reports, and maintenance requisitions as assigned.
- . Must attend one of the three overnights, but must stay late the two nights they are not sleeping over.
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Ability to demonstrate his/her competency in both lifeguarding and swimming skills.
Ability to work and communicate with a diverse group of staff and campers (background/abilities) to encourage full participation in Girl Scouting.
The ideal candidate will possess experience which relates to job responsibilities including successful experience in camping, swimming, group leadership, and organizational skills and experience working with children.
High School graduate or equivalent preferred.
Lifeguard certification as applicable to the facility, AED/CPR for the Professional Rescuer, and First Aid certifications are required. CIT or LEAD training preferred.
Water Safety Instructor preferred.