Accounts Payable Clerk
The Accounts Payable Clerk will process accounts payable and employee expense transactions and interact with vendors. In addition, the incumbent will perform a variety of other accounting and finance duties. At all times, she/he must portray a positive image that is representative of policies, procedures, and promotes customer service to internal/external stakeholders.
- Process and verify invoices, expense reports and check requests for proper account codes, department codes, discounts, payment terms and the appropriate signature approval
- Create and maintain Financial Edge records and electronic filing system in an efficient and effective way to ensure accuracy, and ease of information/invoice retrieval.
- Build and sustain professional customer focused relationships both internally and externally for responding to questions effectively, resolving billing problems; acts as the Finance Department liaison between departments and vendors
- Perform Monthly Sales Tax Returns
- Performs monthly bookkeeping duties
- Serve as back up for Product Sales accounting
- Assist in Insurance needs of the volunteers through additional insurance & safety requirements.
- Gathers and compiles data related to risk from internal and external resources.
- Serve as a back-up to Finance Specialist and Finance Manager personnel
- Prepares and develops reports and other materials for Audit.
- Utilizes various computer applications and software packages; maintains and generates reports; inputs, maintains, and utilizes data to develop reports using spreadsheet software; may create, format, and revise charts, graphs, flowcharts, worksheets, booklets, and forms using word processing, desktop publishing, and other computer applications.
- Embrace and enhance a culture that reflects the council’s commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Performs related duties and projects as required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to anticipate work needs and interact professionally with internal and external customers.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to learn accounting software systems.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred.
- At least two years of related experience required.
Additional Job Requirements and Physical Demands:
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Active participation in Product Sales Initiatives
- Become a registered member and maintain membership of GSUSA