Volunteer and Family Education Coordinator
The Volunteer and Family Education Coordinator oversees the educational experiences of adults within our council and provides the highest level of customer service to all constituencies. They strengthen GSOFCT by providing educational engagement for Girl Scout families & community adults. They work collaboratively with other staff and council level volunteers to provide these experiences. This includes the scheduling of in-person and online educational experiences, assessment of educational needs and program effectiveness, managing training records, managing the gsLearn platform, coordinating the selection of recognitions recipients, and coordination of the Volunteer Development Conference and Recognitions Ceremony. This position is part of the Girl Experience staff and works closely with all areas within our council to ensure a seamless flow of information.
- Educational Responsibilities
- Ensures that Girl Scouts volunteer in-person/virtual learning opportunities are consistently carried out statewide, based on current trends that meet standards set by GSUSA and GSOFCT.
- Continuously assess the educational needs of our members and the effectiveness of our programming.
- Responsible for the recruitment and management of volunteer trainers to support educational needs statewide.
- Responsible for verifying prerequisites, course inventory management, maintaining course records, training resources, and other administrative duties.
- Responsible for department inventory management to include American Red Cross course resources and outdoor training supplies.
- Collaborate with Girl Experience staff & volunteers to create concurrent adult and girl member educational experiences.
- Provide resources for service unit level event volunteers.
- Collaborate with Membership Experience and other departments in their support of volunteers, providing resources to meet identified needs.
- Serve on the Council’s DEI Committee and create trainings to support GSOFCT’s DEI mission
- gsLearn (Virtual Training Opportunities):
- Responsible for supporting departmental e-learning trainings and associated resources that fulfill the needs of volunteers and staff related to GSUSA and GSOFCT programs, processes, and materials.
- Serve as liaison to GSUSA as the GSOFCT administrator of the gsLearn platform.
- With Volunteers and staff offer “live” virtual and/or hybrid trainings based on needs of GSOFCT adults.
- Create reports of training progress and completion as requested.
- Leads the recognition of volunteers by creating a clear process of available recognitions and the process to nominate individuals and groups.
- Supports the work of recognition volunteers in order to track membership and leadership years of service.
- Coordinates the nomination process for council-wide volunteer recognitions and prepares materials for committee and board approval.
- Coordinates Volunteer of the Month program throughout the year.