Development Coordinator (P/T)
POSTIION SUMMARY: Reporting to the Associate Director of Fund Development, the Development Coordinator is instrumental in helping the Fund Development team achieve fundraising revenue goals for various annual fund appeals and events as well as supporting donor engagement/acknowledgment activities. In addition, the Development Coordinator will provide support for the development, oversight and execution of diversified, comprehensive development fundraising plans connected to departmental goals. The Development Coordinator will also support the Donor Relations & Operations Specialist, assisting with donor gift entry as needed. The position supports the overall functions of the development department including financial management, operations, volunteer management and the planning and implementation of multiple fundraising initiatives. At all times, she/he/they must portray a positive image that is representative of GSOFCT policies, procedures, and promotes customer service to internal/external stakeholders.
Annual Fund/Special Events:
- Work closely with Associate Director of Fund Development to ensure assigned Annual Fund special events and appeals meet their revenue targets.
- Manage and update documents for needs across the department to support Annual Fund and Donor Stewardship.
- Working with Associate Director of Fund Development and Marketing & Communications Project Manager, create and implement online and email appeals.
- Assist with direct mail appeals, including but not limited to; drafting letters, mail list coordination, mail house/graphic vendor project management.
- Point of contact for managing donor calls/inquiries as assigned by Associate Director of Fund Development.
- Use Raiser’s Edge/NXT database to research donations and collaborate with Fund Development team to support donor services.
- Provide support and assistance to participants with online registration, developing event websites, and inquiries related to event and giving day fundraising.
- Maintain corporate moves management pipeline of past sponsors and prospects. Collaborates with Director of Grants Management to ensure optimal donor relationships.
- Support the Director of Grants Management to ensure corporate sponsorship benefit delivery by coordinating accurate online and promotional benefits to their respective level.
- Provide support to GSOFCT special event fundraising events. Work in collaboration with Associate Director of Development and contracted event staff as assigned.
- Assist with all special fundraising and donor cultivation event logistics as assigned.
- Work with vendors to coordinate various needs for events as needed.
Donor /Community Relations:
- Manage donor inquiries for Development Team as assigned by Associate Director of Fund Development.
- Serve as point of contact for community engagement inquiries. (ex; 3rd party events)
- Assist with donor acknowledgements as assigned by Associate Director of Fund Development.
- Assist with donor recognition efforts
- Manage and maintain databases for all events, participants and donors.
- Prepare benchmark reports for events as assigned.
- Utilize all aspects of Raiser’s Edge/NXT and event platforms in relations to customer support, reporting and money processing.
- Serve as support for e-communications as needed.
- Ensure timely and efficient data entry and donation processing related to all events.
- Supports the Donor Relations & Operations Specialist and Fund Development Department, assisting with donor gift entry as needed. (periods of high gift volume. Ex; End of Year Appeals, Events, etc..)
Qualifications: GSOFCT culture is dynamic, adaptive, collaborative, and inclusive, which enables us to support girls to thrive in a diverse, interconnected world. The ideal candidate must embrace this culture to provide supportive leadership to the Development team. The role is considered hybrid, with time divided between in-office, out in the community, and remote work.
- Ability to work cooperatively with a diverse group of internal/external stakeholders.
- Skilled communicator (oral/written) electronically and in-person to achieve fundraising goals.
- Ability to ensure internal/external customer service.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or equivalent experience in fundraising
- Related experience, preferably in development or administrative support
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google applications
- Experience using Canva or other design software
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge/NXT fundraising software, donor or constituent database applications, electronic communications software preferred
- Demonstrated success in event planning and implementation
- Accurate data entry and proofreading skills
- Excellent customer service skills, must be able to communicate effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and ages
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail