Customer Care Specialist
The Customer Care Specialist will support the day-to-day functions of the Customer Care Department to include Call Center operations and reception. She/he will be responsible for, but not limited to, responding to verbal and written inquiries, expediting customer concerns, and documenting results per departmental procedures. She/he will maintain customer satisfaction by providing a full range of support services, and resources to both internal and external customers. At all times she/he must portray a positive image that is representative of policies, procedures, and promotes customer service to internal/external stakeholders.
- Responsible for answering or expediting customer inquiries, by researching, providing support and answers with the overall goal of improving customer satisfaction.
- Ensures the accurate and timely processing of data into the membership databases.
- Keeps member data confidential.
- Responds professionally, and communicates effectively at all times to customers providing exceptional and friendly service.
- Follow-up with customer concerns in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintaining documented responses and subsequent actions in detail.
- Resolves customer inquiries by communicating directly with other departments as needed.
- Works cooperatively with assigned department to ensure the department solutions are articulated correctly and up-to-date so that customers receive Tier 1 responses.
- Embrace and enhance a culture that values diversity and ensures that staff, girl and volunteer efforts reflect the council’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Identifies customer trends, and communicates proposed changes or departmental needs to the Customer Care Lead.
- On a rotational basis, sits at the reception desk and provides reception support to organization and customers.
- Carry out other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of staff, volunteers, girls and parents.
- Strong communication skills (oral/written) in both positive/challenging situations.
- Strong attention to detail.
EDUCATION and/or WORK EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Customer Service preferred.
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS and PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, and weekends as required by position responsibilities
- Ability to maintain positivity on telephone at all times
- Strong computer proficiency in Microsoft Suite
- Ability to operate both a telephone system and computer simultaneously
- Ability to work independently, and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be able to speak and communicate clearly with diverse audiences
- Demonstrated written and oral communication excellence
- Good data entry and typing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to maintain calmness under pressure
- Good decision-making skills
- Demonstrate knowledge of, or willingness to learn, Girl Scout Programs, principles, and standards
- Become a registered member and maintain current GSUSA membership
- Ability to lift, carry, push, pull, or move objects up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to sit for long periods with continuous computer keyboarding (input, retrieval, export of reports, etc.)
- Ability to speak, read, and communicate clearly in Spanish is a plus.