Leadership Specialist (Seasonal)
Position is responsible for the safety, administration, and coordination of the leadership development program in Camp. She/he is responsible for supervising and coordinating the Teen Leadership Program including the Counselor in Training (CIT) Programs including working with unit leaders and program heads. Candidate selected must assist with the general camp program ensuring the safety and well-being of campers following the State Regulations, ACA Standards, Girl Scout Safety Activity Checkpoints and GSOFCT Policies.
- Participates and consults with the camp administration to coordinate the Teen Leadership and CIT program including implementation and/or supplementation of provided leadership curriculum.
- Provides orientation at pre-camp training to camp staff with regard to the program goals and availability for leadership girls in the unit setting.
- Coordinates the training schedule for leadership girls while at camp.
- Conducts supervisory conferences and performance evaluation and clearly communicates performance expectations.
- Follows and enforces Camp Staff Personnel Policies. Provides conflict resolution and problem solving with staff as needed.
- Keeps the Camp Director informed of any issues that may/may not impact leadership girls from successfully completing the program.
- Participates in mandated pre-camp training and attends all scheduled advisory meetings.
- Keeps the camp director informed of needed repairs of equipment and facilities.
- Maintains on-going communication with the Program Director regarding activities, problems and concerns required throughout the camp season.
- Maintains health and safety standards for campers, staff, and self. Ensures that well-equipped first aid kits are maintained in your unit area and that all necessary paperwork for first aid is completed. Provides continuous communication with the Healthcare Supervisor regarding the health status of campers and camp staff. Reports accidents and files incident reports promptly.
- Maintains knowledge of emergency protocol with the ability to make immediate life saving decisions.
- Maintains professional camper/staff relationships throughout the camp season.
- .Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
21 years or older
2 years experience in a supervisory role of leading youth ages 13 to 17
Ability to effectively communicate and work with a diverse group of staff/campers (background/abilities) to encourage full participation in Girl Scouting.
Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., work in extreme environmental conditions, walk on uneven terrain.
The ideal candidate will possess experience which relates to job responsibilities including successful experience in delivering a leadership program in a prior setting. Must possess experience working with children that includes the ability to develop, organize and implement Girl Scout Program in a camp setting. The candidate must show willingness to abide by the policies and practices of the Girl Scouts of Connecticut.
High School diploma or equivalent. Bachelors Degree preferred.
Willing and able to obtain First Aid, CPR, epi-pen, and inhaler administration training