Program Director (Seasonal)
Position works closely with the Camp Director and administration team to develop programs for the camp. She/he works with the girls in camper council to plan all camp events and works with the program staff to deliver safe and exciting programs. She/he assists in the supervision, training, coordination and administration of camp staff, daily camp operations and activities following State Regulations, ACA Standards and Girl Scout Safety Activity Checkpoints and GSOFCT Volunteer Essentials.
- Works with the Camp Director and administrative team, through delegated responsibilities, for the overall administration and general camp operations following program standards with an emphasis on age-appropriate and session specific programs.
- Attends administrative staff meetings.
- Supervises the program staff through staff assignment, and staff schedules.
- Follows and enforces Camp Staff Personnel Policies. Provides conflict resolution and problem solving with staff as needed.
- Conducts staff meetings for sharing ideas and for planning camp programs.
- Conducts supervisory conferences and performance evaluations and clearly communicates performance expectations.
- Ensures all program areas are provided with material resources and curriculum for their areas with the help of the specialty staff.
- Facilitates all-camp activities while encouraging girl-planning in unit/patrol and program delivery.
- Manages multiple priorities and oversees program schedules to ensure work is completed in a timely and productive manner.
- Maintains health, safety and program standards for campers, staff and self. Reports accidents and files incident reports promptly.
- Reports needed repairs of equipment and facilities to the Camp Director.
- Participates in all regular camp activities, such as meals, flag ceremonies, cookouts, opening and closing days and kapers.
- Participates in opening and closing procedures of the camp season.
- Maintains professional camper/staff relationships throughout the camp season.
- Keeps records, and prepares written reports as requested.
- Assists campers and staff in emergency situations.
- Keeps the Camp Director (or other designated person) and program staff informed on activities, problems, and concerns on an on-going basis.
- Creates specialty program curriculum
- Attend one of the three sleepovers
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
21 years or older required.
Minimum 16 weeks of supervisory experience in an organized youth setting. IE previous summer camp, other youth organization, etc.
The ideal candidate will possess experience relating to job responsibilities ability to develop, organize and implement Girl Scout program in the out-of-doors.
Proven success in supervisory, leadership, camping, organizational with strong communication skills is required.
The ideal candidate will possess experience which relates to job responsibilities including successful experience in camping, swimming, group leadership, and organizational skills and experience working with children. Ability to effectively communicate and work with a diverse group of staff/campers (background/abilities) to encourage full participation in Girl Scouting.
Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., work in extreme environmental conditions, walk on uneven terrain.
High School graduate or its equivalent required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Willing and able to obtain First-Aid, CPR, epi-pen and inhaler administration training
Willingness to obtain specialty certifications such as, but not limited to Archery certification.