Camp Maintenance Assistant (Seasonal)
Under the direction of the Property Staff/Camp Director assist in the cleaning, maintenance, and repair of the camp’s buildings, grounds, equipment and other facilities consistent with the mission and established policies and procedures of the camp. Performs all duties in accordance with prescribed regulatory compliance guidelines, including local, state and federal guidelines as well as American Camp Association accreditation standards.
- Maintains cleanliness of all structures, units, and exterior of camp grounds.
- Maintains all lighting fixtures.
- Stocks fire wood in units for campers.
- Performs landscaping duties as needed to provide a clean exterior at all times.
- Ensures the dining hall is kept clean including sweeping and mopping, washing down restrooms, restocking paper supplies, trash removal etc.
- Is aware and reports hazards found on camp grounds.
- Completes work orders assigned by Maintainer, return necessary paper work in a timely manner.
- Reports and makes minor repairs as necessary, in accordance with the Property Services Team.
- Performs all janitorial tasks at the camp including cleaning of restrooms, shower house, all buildings, sweeping mopping, windows, vacuuming, restocking paper and cleaning supplies when necessary.
- Picks up and disposes of all trash at assigned areas of the camp. Manages recycling.
OTHER JOB DUTIES:
- Participates in regularly scheduled meetings and trainings in order to ensure open and positive communication.
- Participates in opening and closing procedures of the camp season.
- Assists the campers in emergency situations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 21 years or older
- Self-starter and organized.
- Ability to accept guidance, direction and supervision.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and work with a diverse group of staff and campers (background/abilities) to encourage full participation in Girl Scouts
- Ability to work with others
- Visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to environmental and other hazards of the site and facilities and camper and staff behavior.
- Fulfill job requirements which may require long hours, evenings and weekends
- Able to operate golf cart
- Ability to lift and carry 90 pounds.
- Able to climb ladder
- Register as a Girl Scout of Connecticut
- Abide by Council Property and Employee policies
- Optional live onsite at a council Property during summer camp season
High School graduate or its equivalent is preferred.
Valid and current State of CT driver’s license