Kitchen Support (Seasonal)
Responsible to assist with food service operations and meal preparation and in the physical operation of the kitchen facilities and equipment while following State, ACA and Safety Activity Check Point Standards and GSOFCT Policies.
- Assists in the camp administration and camp to coordinate the kitchen and food service delivery. Works cooperatively to facilitate general camp operations.
- Assists in the preparation of healthy and nutritious meals for campers and staff.
- Ensures cleanliness and infection control guidelines are maintained. Maintains the kitchen and dining hall in a clean sanitary manner.
- Washes all pots, pans and dishes after each meal. Washes all pots, pans and dishes at the close of the day.
- Works cooperatively with other staff to provide meal planning/preparation and organizing for pack outs/cookouts, trails and trips, and special events/activities.
- Maintains health and safety standards for campers, food service staff and self. Reports accidents and files incident reports promptly.
- Assists with record keeping, reports, orders and inventories food and supplies for the dining hall.
- Reports needed repairs of equipment and facilities to the Property Department.
- Assists with the set up and maintains procedures for food service requisitions.
- Assumes responsibility for the care and use of food service equipment, storage and other supplies used.
- Participates in regularly scheduled meetings and trainings in order to ensure open and positive communication.
- Participates in opening and closing procedures of the camp season.
- Assist the campers in emergency situations.
- Ensure the Food Service Director and food service staff is informed on activities, problems and concerns on an ongoing basis.
- Maintain professional camper/staff relationships throughout the camp season.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 18 years or older.
- Ability to work and communicate with a diverse group of staff/campers (background/abilities) to encourage full participation in Girl Scouting.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- The ideal candidate will possess experience in developing and delivery food service options in a prior camp or institutional setting. The candidate must have documented experience working in an industrial kitchen.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
HS graduate or equivalent.
ServSafe certification or equivalent preferred.