This position works with the Camp Director or designee to provide the campers with a healthy camp environment ensuring the wellbeing of campers following applicable state regulations, ACA Standards, Girl Scout Activity Checkpoints and GSOFCT policies. Departments of Public Health regulations are the guidelines for performance. She/he is responsible for the general cleanliness of the camp and specifically for maintaining sanitary conditions of the bathhouse, bathrooms and washstands throughout camp. Opportunities for coaching girls to assist in maintaining the standards through participation in kapers are an integral part of the position duties.
- Works with the Camp Director or designee to organize the cleaning of camp lodge, program areas as asked and bathroom facilities according to the current COVID-19 cleaning protocol.
- Cleans toilets; sanitizes sinks, floors regularly utilizing universal precaution techniques.
- Works with Camp Director in ordering food stuffs, storing and cleaning of food stuffs, maintains temp charts on refrigeration units and puts together snack and pack out meals when requested.
- Works with Director of First Aid to get a list of allergies, so when preparing snack, the campers with allergies receive an appropriate snack.
- Reports needed repairs of equipment and facilities to the Camp Director.
- Participates in regular camp activities such as flag ceremonies, campfires, all-camp program, and kapers.
- Cooperates with other staff members to schedule time off and unit/small group responsibilities.
- Participates in regularly scheduled meetings with the Camp Director to ensure open and positive communication.
- Participates in opening and closing procedures of the camp season.
- Participates in training for camp-specific cleaning procedures, universal precautions, and for camper supervision and instruction.
- Follows Camp Staff Personnel Policies.
- Maintains health and safety standards for campers, staff, and self. Reports accidents and files incident reports promptly.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Age 18 or older.
- Ability to climb stairs, walk over uneven terrain, work in extreme environmental conditions.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds and calculate dilution ratios of cleaning chemicals. Must be detail oriented.
- Ability to follow and calculate dilution ratios for cleaning chemicals.
- Ability to independently work well and communicate with diverse groups of campers and staff.
- The ideal candidate will possess experience in working with children; working in a group-living environment; and basic cleaning skills or sincere interest in learning such skills.
- High school graduate or higher preferred
- Current First Aid is preferred or willing and able to obtain training.
Current First Aid is preferred or willing and able to obtain training.