Under the direction of the Controller, he/she will plan and manage various accounting and finance activities for the department.
- Coordinate month-end and year-end financial close.
- Prepare and enter journal entries to support monthly and year-end financial closings.
- Produce, analyze and reconcile monthly financial statements to insure accuracy.
- Reconcile balance sheet related accounts on a monthly basis
- Perform bank reconciliations in accordance with internal controls
- Run and distribute monthly financial statements in Financial Edge; ensuring variance departmental reports are collected back from departmental directors and submit to the Controller for organization wide budget vs actuals reporting to the Controller.
- Account analysis and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Serve as backup for some elements (bank reconciliation, journal entries and budget input) of the Controller role.
- Ownership of updates to Accounting & Finance policies along with educating impacted areas for any necessary process or procedure changes
- Prepares and developing reports and other materials for Audit.
- Utilizes various computer applications and software packages; maintains and generates reports; inputs, maintains, and utilizes data to develop reports using spreadsheet software; may create, format, and revise charts, graphs, flowcharts, worksheets, booklets, and forms using word processing, desktop publishing, and other computer applications
- Embrace and enhance a culture that reflects the council’s commitment to diversity and inclusion
- In the absence of the Controller acts as second-in-command internally/externally as needed.
- Performs related duties and projects as required
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Experience with Microsoft Suite – with emphasis on EXCEL
- Not-for-profit experience preferred.
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong attention to detail
- Team Player with excellent customer service skills
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent work experience.