Under the direction of the Finance Director he/she will perform general accounting functions relating to the accounts payable, accounts receivable and general ledger systems. He/she will develop customer service focused relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Perform other duties related to the administrative and financial functions of the Finance department.
- Process and verify invoices and check requests for proper account codes, department codes, discounts, payment terms and the appropriate signature approval.
- Create and maintain Financial Edge records and paper filing system in an efficient and effective way to ensure accuracy, and ease of information/invoice retrieval.
- Build and sustain professional customer focused relationships both internally and externally for responding to questions effectively, resolving billing problems; acts as the Finance Department liaison between departments and vendors.
- Set up grant codes and coordinate with the appropriate staff (Grant Managers/Grant allocators) to ensure all grant-related cost transfers are prepared accurately and timely with appropriate back-up documentation and entered into the general ledger.
- Produce and distribute grant reports on a monthly basis. On a quarterly basis, have in depth conversations with grant allocators about budget variances.
- Performs the month-end close in Salesforce; which includes investigating and resolving transactions impacting the close.
- Produce and run financial reports within Salesforce.
- Run and distribute monthly financial statements in Financial Edge; ensuring variance departmental reports are submitted to the Finance Manager for organization wide budget reporting to the Finance Director.
- Account analysis and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Serve as backup for some elements (bank reconciliation, journal entries and budget input) of the Finance Director role.
- Act as Department representative with Salesforce (current and enhanced systems).
- In the absence of the Finance Director acts as second-in-command internally/externally as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Experience with Microsoft Suite – with emphasis on EXCEL
- Not-for-profit experience preferred.
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong attention to detail
- Team Player with excellent customer service skills
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent work experience.