Healthcare Director (seasonal)
This position works with the camp administration to ensure the overall general health and safety of campers and staff. The Healthcare Director is responsible for maintaining accurate and timely records according to State and local regulations and requirements, GSUSA, ACA, and Safety Activity Check Point Standards and GSOFCT Policies.
- Works with the camp administration and camp staff to coordinate and deliver quality healthcare and safety procedures with overall camp operations for both campers and staff.
- Reviews all health forms prior to opening day of camp to ensure compliance. Contacts families before camp session to inform them of the status of their camper’s paperwork. Informs Camp Director on the status of missing health forms for campers and staff.
- Ensures cleanliness and infection control guidelines are maintained. Maintains the Health Center in a clean sanitary manner.
- Reviews all health forms and ensures they are compliant. Keeps Camp Director informed on the health status of campers and staff. Make sure camp administration and staff are aware of any health issues that may impact the camp program.
- Directs the health screening at the beginning of each session. Meets with parents during check in and check out. Maintains ongoing communication with parent/guardian.
- Ensures all medications are dispensed as directed by camper’s physician.
- Keeps on file all reports, such as: daily log, insurance forms, accident/incident reports and any other health reports required. Submits these to the council office along with governing state agency as necessary.
- Supervises, evaluates, trains and schedules healthcare staff to ensure staff has all the necessary skills, supplies and equipment needed to meet the needs of the campers.
- Assists with the planning and implementation of pre-camp training, in-service training and staff meetings throughout the summer.
- Maintains and restocks inventory in the Health Center and in all mobile first aid kits.
- Be available to respond to emergencies. Assists campers and staff in emergency situations.
- Maintains confidentiality of all health information.
- Participates in all regular camp activities such as meals, flag ceremonies, all-camp activities, cookouts, opening and closing days and kapers.
- Reports needed repairs of equipment and facilities.
- Participates in regularly scheduled meetings and trainings to ensure open and positive communication.
- Maintains the paperwork necessary for efficient coordination of the Health Center.
- Participates in opening and closing procedures of the healthcare center during the camp season.
- Keeps the Camp Director, and her/his designee informed of activities, problems and concerns on an ongoing basis. Participates in supervisory conferences.
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with a diverse group of staff and campers (background/abilities) to encourage full participation in Girl Scouting.
- Maintains professional camper/staff relationships throughout the camp season.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
21 years or older
Current certification for the State of CT as: Paramedic, EMT, EMT Wilderness or Wilderness First Aid Responder with current med certification.
Current certifications in CPR for the Professional Rescuer required
Room and board provided. Position requires candidate lives on site during the duration of the program including training.