Membership Experience Specialist
The Member Experience Specialist manages and supports recruitment of and delivery of service to girls by adult volunteers who carry out the Girl Scout Program in an assigned area to meet the Council’s Plan of Achievement goals, objectives, and membership goals.
- Supervises and supports service unit leaders in order to insure delivery of high quality Girl Scout programming to girls within their area of responsibility which includes but is not limited to support of regular leader meetings in order to meet their retention goal and support the overall Council goals.
- Recruits new members for creation of Daisy troops and openings in all troops within the area of responsibilities in order to meet their recruitment goals in support of the overall Council plan of achievement.
- Supports and participates in regular service team meetings as needed in order to develop high functioning service unit volunteers.
- Supports volunteer adult members to insure high quality Girl Scout program is available to girls and adults in order to reach the council’s Plan of Achievement and membership goals.
- Understands usage of and is able to support all of our members by using all GSOFCT technology and platforms provided.
- Creates, manages, and close cases within GSOFCT established guidelines.
- Successfully uses Sandler Cookbooks to manage workflow and productivity.
- Recruits, appoints, trains, manages, and supports all service team volunteers in order to meet the Council goals and objectives.
- Actively promotes GSOFCT and GSUSA activities for troops, girls and families to our members.
- Assumes duties of key service unit team members when positions are vacant.
- Provides exemplary customer service when answering phones, returning calls and responding to emails.
- Works cooperatively and closely with all GSOFCT departments on an ongoing basis.
- Interprets and implements GSUSA and council policies, procedures and standards. Identifies and provides conflict support between members as needed with support from the Senior Manager.
- Increases visibility and raises awareness of Girl Scouting in communities.
- Assists and supports in the execution of the product sales programs.
- Embraces and enhances a culture that values diversity and reflects the council’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Human Services, Education or related field is preferred.
- Ability to work with and manage a diverse group of staff, volunteers, and girls
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Team building skills and experience.
- Conflict resolution skills and experience.
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Become a registered member and maintain membership in GSUSA.
- Ability to accommodation a flexible work schedule (evenings, weekends) to meets the needs of the organization.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of staff, volunteers and girls.
- Physical ability to lift, carry, push, pull or move objects up to 25 pounds.
- Sit or stand for long periods of time during events.
- Statewide travel required.
- Valid Connecticut driver’s license.
- Must carry and show proof of liability coverage of personal vehicle.
The role is considered hybrid, with time divided between in-office, out in the community, and remote work.