Community Support Specialist
The Community Support Specialist is accountable for assisting the Community Outreach and Member Experience departments with ensuring the success of Council programming. She/he will assist Community Outreach in delivering community-based programming to ensure that Girl Scout program opportunities are provided to all communities. She/he will assist Member Experience with scheduling Community Outreach Program Facilitators to assist at recruitment events. The Community Support Specialist will assist the Community Outreach Program Manager with onboarding new Community Outreach Program Facilitators. She/he must portray a positive image that is representative of policies, procedures, and always promotes excellent customer service to internal/external stakeholders.
- Delivers community-based program to girls in all communities to meet the Council’s goals, objectives, and initiatives, including membership goals.
- Builds and nurtures collaborative relationships with community organizations, schools, agencies, and businesses to support and enhance community-based program opportunities.
- Increases visibility and raises awareness of Girl Scouting in communities through networking activities, organizational memberships, booth displays, and speaking engagements.
- Organizes scheduling of programs and staffing needs for in-school, after-school, organization/agency, and other community-based programming.
- Maintains accurate records pertaining to attendance, incidents, surveys, and other data.
- Assists with managing program facilitators throughout the state (scheduling, training, and recruitment assignments).
- Assist with pre-screening Program Facilitator candidates for hire.
- Maintains ongoing communication with Community Outreach Program Manager.
- Recruits volunteers at staff led community-based programs to potentially transition to volunteer led programming/troops.
- Promotes additional Council and other Girl Scout opportunities.
- Helps create and monitor budgets, including the purchases of bulk program supplies.
- Maintains accurate records of grant expenses and assists in compiling narrative reports due to funders.
- Embrace and enhance a culture that values diversity, and ensures that staff, girl and volunteer efforts reflect the council’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Works cooperatively and closely with Member Experience department on an on-going basis to support Council efforts.
- Assist with approving Program Facilitators payroll (as needed basis only).
- Carry out other duties as assigned.
- Ability to collaborate and create internal partnerships council-wide to achieve membership goals (recruitment/marketing).
- Ability to accommodate a flexible work schedule (evenings/weekends) to meet the needs of the organization.
- Strong attention to detail with project management skills.
EDUCATION AND/OR WORK EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree preferred, preferably in Education or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Two years of experience working with youth.
- Bilingual English/Spanish (advanced verbal and written communication) preferred.
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS and PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule, including occasional nights, weekends, and occasional overnight settings.
- Conduct presentations to a diverse audience to promote Girl Scouting.
- Ability to maneuver around an event setting, including set up, facilitation, and cleanup.
- Active participation in Product Sales Initiatives.
- Represent GSOFCT in professional manner (presentation and attire) in both the corporate and not-for-profit environment.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of staff, volunteers, and girls.
- Knowledge of current Girl issues and Girl Scout programming.
- Intermediate/Advance Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Salesforce.
- Statewide travel required.
- Drive on a regular basis.
- Valid Connecticut driver’s license.
- Must carry and show proof of liability coverage of personal vehicle.
- Become a registered member and maintain current GSUSA membership.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, pull or move objects up to 25 lbs.
- Sit or stand for long periods of time.
General hybrid office environment with close proximity to other staff and extended periods in indoor/outdoor community settings.