Senior Manager of Retail
The Senior Manager of Retail creates and manages customer service, inventory, promotions, sales and marketing for state-wide council shops and shop website. As a high functioning team leader in concert with the Director of Retail and Product Sales, he/she provides exceptional internal and external customer service to achieve the organization’s mission.
The position is responsible for customer service, sales, marketing, purchasing and inventory control, supervision of Retail Sales Clerks, daily reconciliations and bank deposits. At all times she/he must portray a positive image that is representative of policies, procedures, and promotes customer service to internal/external stakeholders.
- Reorder and maintain adequate inventory level to ensure overall customer satisfaction including new incoming merchandise.
- Operate and manage the POS system, including inventory controls and report functions.
- Work with Director of Product and Retail Sales to create, monitor and maintain sales operations budget.
- Develop, monitor and evaluate an annual merchandise marketing plan that includes service centers, events, camps and website.
- Identify opportunities to increase retail sales revenue through innovations in products, marketing, or distribution.
- Manage staff to ensure prompt shipment of web and phone orders.
- Provides accurate and timely response to both internal and external customers within 48 business hours and/or refer the issue to the appropriate party for response.
- Account for receipt of merchandise sales and all other sources processed through the POS system.
- Execute store operational requirements by scheduling employees in multiple locations to meet the needs of our customers by providing flexible hours including nights, weekends and offsite events.
- Provides day-to-day supervision of retail sales clerks, develop goals and conducts performance management, and conflict resolution of team members and internal and external customers.
- Management oversight of staff training programs. Identifies training for staff to meet the evolving needs of internal/external stakeholders.
- Responsible for controlling inventory management system as related to state-wide retail shop sales.
- Embrace and enhance a culture that values diversity and ensures that staff, girl and volunteer efforts reflect the council’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- In collaboration with Director of Product & Retail Sales, ensures business continuity and recovery measures are in place for her/his area.
- Carry out other duties as assigned.
- Customer service.
- Sales and merchandising.
- Inventory and vendor management.
- Conflict resolution skills.
EDUCATION and/or WORK EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Finance or related field
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in retail sales operations
- At least 3 years management experience in supervision, training, team-building and work assignments.
- Ability to work well with internal and external customers
- Computer proficiency in Micro Office Suite with excellent excel experience
- Ability to work with a diverse group of staff and volunteers
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS and PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to lift, carry, push, pull or move objects up to 20 lbs.
- Become a registered member and maintain membership of GSUSA
- Actively participate in Product Sales Initiatives
- State-wide travel required
- Ability to accommodate flexible schedule based on the needs of the organization
- Valid Connecticut driver’s license
- Must carry and show proof of liability coverage of personal vehicle.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.