Digital Marketing Coordinator
The position reports to the Director of Marketing and Communications, assisting in the development and execution of digital marketing and advertisement campaign strategies in alignment with the Council’s goals and priorities. The ideal candidate will be creative and enjoy working within a small entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven, and community oriented. He/she must be able to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
The Digital Marketing Specialist is responsible for researching, qualifying, and coordinating marketing efforts to drive leads to Girl Scouts of Connecticut’s landing pages and promote brand awareness. The specialist will work with a variety of departments to pull together content for marketing emails, social media content, website, and execute a digital marketing plan that is targeted and segmented to a variety of audiences. The specialist will develop creative strategies to amplify digital presence on the website and across all social media platforms.
Digital Marketing Campaigns
- Design and implement a comprehensive plan to reach the council market share goal for girl and adult membership in targeted and assigned areas.
- Establish and maintain an e-marketing schedule to streamline and coordinate email traffic.
- Utilize Salesforce Marketing Cloud to deliver marketing emails and automations.
- Research market data, membership trends, and other pertinent information relevant to designated geographic areas to generate girl and volunteer membership retention and growth.
- With the Director of Marketing and Communications, develop and implement a strategic digital marketing plan for the organization.
- Plan, strategize, implement, and optimize campaigns for all digital media.
- Perform keyword research and organize into ad groups/campaigns for paid search.
- Conduct a needs analysis to identify specific target markets to meet goals and prepare daily work plans and schedules accordingly.
- Works collaboratively with others to develop advertising and promotional content for various digital platforms.
- Prepare a variety of status reports and dashboards, including lead generation, activity, follow- up, and adherence to goals.
- Manage data for prospective lead efforts in Volunteer Systems/SalesForce, ensuring all communications are logged, information is accurate and documents are attached.
- Promote and assist council wide programs, activities, public relations, and fund development endeavors.
- The ability to work under pressure and handle a variety of confidential matters is required.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Manage GSOFCT website and execute communication strategies to raise brand awareness, inform internal and external audiences, and achieve business goals.
- Write, edit, and prepare content with attention detail and accuracy.
- Create, evaluate, and refresh dynamic digital content to meet the needs of current and prospective council stakeholders.
- Maintains council-wide social media calendar.
- Writes, edits, prepares, and schedules all social media content.
- Designs and edits creative marketing materials and curates engaging content.
- Prepare reports on social impressions and measures effectiveness of campaigns.
- Photo document/live stream council events, as requested.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing/communications and/or education in sales preferred; or equivalent experience.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of staff, volunteers, and girls.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in MS Office Suite, Adobe Create Suite, and other web and social media platforms.
- Basic knowledge of Salesforce.
- Basic knowledge of Salesforce Marketing Cloud; advanced knowledge preferred. Experience with creating automations and journey builder is a plus.
- Excellent communication, proofreading, editing skills.
- Organization and time management skills.
- Flexibility and willingness to learn (growth mindset) is highly desired.
Additional Job Requirements and Additional Demands:
- Valid Connecticut driver’s license.
- Must carry and show proof of liability coverage of personal vehicle.
- Ability to accommodate a flexible work schedule (evenings, weekends) to meet the needs of the organization.
- Become a registered member and maintain membership of GSUSA. Physical ability to lift, carry, push, pull or move objects up to 25 lbs